Introduction to FMP Year 10 Applicant Submission
Thank you for your application to KS4 FMP at The BRIT School. We very much value your interest in our subject and are really looking forward to hearing more about you.
As part of your application we ask that you submit the following:
- A written report about a media product of your choice.
- A digital portfolio that demonstrates your practical skills in film and media.
1. A written report about a media product of your choice:
The written report should be on a moving image media product of your choice.
- a scene from a film or tv show
- a music video
- an advert
This should be approximately 500 words, and you should discuss creative techniques that are used in your chosen production.
These could include:
- set design
- colour grading
2. A digital portfolio that demonstrates your practical skills in film and media.
The digital portfolio could include short films or examples of other video work, audio recordings (such as podcasts) or photography. It should demonstrate an interest and passion for making media products and demonstrate your personal creativity.
Your digital portfolio/showreel should be one or more of the following:
- A 60 second edited showreel of video projects on which you have contributed
- 10 digital photographs – please choose a variety of images looking at a range of subjects
- Up to 3 short video files of projects that you have been involved with
- A 2-minute clip of a radio show that you’ve made/worked on
- A sample of a short script
Click below to upload your completed document and portfolio
The deadline to submit via the schools' website is Monday 21st February 2022 at 11.59pm.