To apply for Year 14 APPLIED THEATRE, please complete the application form below.
Please note that this is only open to CURRENT YEAR 13 BRIT SCHOOL STUDENTS
- This course is ideal for those students who want to use their artistic skills to create social change, explore issue based performance and work directly with a diverse range of communities.
Students will develop skills in both creating and performing works for a range of audiences. Technique classes will include; Script writing, acting, choreography and voice. Students will have the option to specialise in their chosen pathway; Theatre in Education or Criminal Justice, designing and delivering outreach projects working directly with these client groups.
The course delivery will take place both at BRIT and offsite in community settings. The part-time nature of the course will allow students the freedom to balance work and study, while also continuing to utilise the resources and networks that the BRIT School has to offer.
This course will equip students to share their practice and create performance work that is accessible and socially responsive. The training provided will offer students a wide range of opportunities post BRIT whether they want to further study or go straight into work.
- You are a current Year 13 BRIT School student;
- Applicants must have achieved Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts at Merit grade or above;
- If applying from a non-performance strand you will need to have achieved a Merit in your Level 3 course and be able to demonstrate at the interview your ability to perform;
- Ideally GCSE English and Maths at minimum Grade 4.
- Applicants will need to complete the application form below.
- Demonstrate commitment to your current study programme.
- If successful in your application, you will be called to an interview.
- You will also be asked to prepare a presentation for the interview.