Our Mission and Values
Our mission is to prepare young people for careers in the creative and performing arts.
"We believe in creativity and that young people of all backgrounds should be able to develop their creative talent and craft and make a powerful contribution to society."
Creativity is crucial to the future of our economy and society. For nearly thirty years, The BRIT School has successfully nurtured creative skills in students from every type of background alongside a robust and full academic curriculum. And it does so for free.
If you chose to come here, you will be given the tools to carve out your career, the space to think and the environment to be you. This is a playground with professional boundaries where the raw talent of 14 – 19 year old meets the nurturing expertise of world-class teachers.
The BRIT School revolutionises the lives of its students; just under 100% of all students who have graduated find work in a huge range of creative industries, or enrol for higher education. We are proud to be a Croydon school and equally proud to have national and international friends who support the school with professional and unique opportunities. As the Good School Guide states, “You’ll find BRIT graduates’ words, music, performance, directorial and backstage talents just about everywhere you look, from fashion shows to musicals, national theatre to community arts, in the UK and internationally.” This is a hardworking, fun, passionate school packed with dedicated individuals who love the creative and performing arts and recognise the importance of a thorough and robust education in all subjects. We believe in developing well rounded, articulate, kind and dynamic young people.
- To train and educate young people for future careers in Performance and Creative Arts and related industries.
- To provide a comprehensive and exceptional KS4, Post 16 general and vocational education that prepares students for a life in the arts.
- To provide a unique educational approach that has creative teaching and learning in its bloodstream and has a pastoral approach that focuses on the individual reaching their full potential.
- To celebrate the diversity of the educational needs, background, race, religion and sexuality of all within its community.
- To be a role model for other schools and organisations in its community work.
- To develop an active and highly effective alumni and maintain relationships with students beyond their years of attendance.
- To be a great employer and provide a dynamic culture of support for all staff focused on empowerment, skills development, and career progression.
Once BRIT – Always BRIT
"I have never been to a school like this anywhere in the world; I think it’s that unique… it’s a very special place."
Tim Cook, Apple CEO
"It truly is a wonderful place which not only provides you with world class performing and creative arts education but instilled values in me that are essential to succeed in any and all industries."
Bradley Barton-Young, Graduate
"My children have blossomed at The BRIT School. It has been truly wonderful watching them excel in their chosen courses of Dance and Visual Arts and Design. The thing that has impressed me the most, however, and that you don’t know about when you read the prospectus, is the amazing pastoral care and support the students receive. I honestly consider BRIT as our extended family!"
Marianne Cwynarski, Parent
"There is play and adventure within a rigorous learning framework."
Stuart Worden, Principal
"You’ll find BRIT graduates’ words, music, performance, directorial and backstage talents just about everywhere you look, from fashion shows to musicals, national theatre to community arts, in the UK and internationally."
Good School Guide