Introduction to VAD Year 10 Applicant Submission
Please note all information in the video is relevant apart from meetings which are in person this year.
Prior to your meeting, we would like you to upload a digital portfolio of your work, and also complete a pre-task for the interview.
We would like you to select work which you feel best represents your strengths, interests and commitment to the subject. We appreciate that in the current climate you may not be able to access some of your work which may be at school, so it is also great for us to be able to see any work you have created in your own time. Don’t just focus on ‘final pieces’, we really like to see preparatory work (sketchbooks, experiments, etc) which shows us a little bit about your process of creating work. Please make sure it is a representation of your work (it must be your own, of course) from recent years rather than from many years ago. It can be in any medium, but make sure it is well photographed. Consider how well the work photographs and whether the work and detail are clear.
Create a PowerPoint portfolio with no more than 20 slides (this includes your naming slide and pre-task)
- The PowerPoint portfolio must be saved as a PDF (please follow the guidance on our website)
- The work must be simply and clearly photographed.
- Please add the size, medium and any additional information like the title of the work to each slide.
- Students must complete the pre-task and include this within their PowerPoint presentation. (please follow the guidance).
- Any film or moving image must be added as a separate link. E.g. youtube link
Applicants are to complete the following:
- To choose one piece of work from your portfolio.
- To write, in no more than 300 words, a discussion about this piece. It may be a piece you enjoyed making, it may be a piece you found challenging, it may be that you were surprised by the outcome. We would like to know more about why you find it interesting, how and why you created it, and any other information you would like to tell us about it.
- Ensure you label this as Pre-Task, that it is clear what work you are discussing, and that it is at the end of your PowerPoint portfolio.
Your Powerpoint should be no more than 20 slides including the name slide and the pre-task. This may mean that you have to select and choose from your work, deciding what you wish to present to us.
Please make sure that this is all uploaded by Monday 21st February @ 11.59.