Introduction to FMP Year 12 Applicant Submission
Thank you for your application to Post 16 Film & Media Production at The BRIT School. We very much value your interest in our subject and are really looking forward to hearing more about you.
In advance of your interview we would like you to complete and submit the following two items and upload them in the appropriate place below. It is important to note that both tasks will contribute to the overall decision of your application.
Task 1 - Written Report
Write a word-processed document (350- 500 words):
We would like you to research and write a report on an aspirational individual with a filmmaking or broadcast background (e.g. film, TV, radio or social media). This individual is entirely of your choosing but try and pick someone who you would like to follow in the footsteps of.
- The background of the individual
- Important pieces of their work
- What makes them unique? (e.g. style, content, etc)
- The key people who influenced them
- Feel free to use images within your report
Task 2 - Digital Portfolio
Digital Portfolio or Showreel
It is expected that all applicants submit a digital portfolio or showreel. It should be a reflection of your current skill, proficiency and experience within your chosen subject.
Your digital portfolio/showreel should be one or more of the following:
- A 60 second edited showreel of video projects on which you have contributed
- 10 digital photographs – please choose a variety of images looking at a range of subjects
- Up to 3 short video files of projects that you have been involved with
- A 2-minute clip of a radio show that you’ve made/worked on
Click below to upload your completed document and portfolio
The Submission deadline is Monday 28th Feb @ 17:00 (5:00pm)