Year 10 Applicant Task Overview
For your acting self-tape you will need to complete 2 tasks (please film both tasks in one continuous take):
- Perform a 2-minute monologue of your choice from a published play.
- Film yourself talking for 30 seconds on the subject of something you feel passionate about that doesn’t have anything to do with the Performing Arts. This might be a project you have engaged in; a hobby; or a social/political response. It can be anything from your love of tea to changing the world- it’s completely up to you. This is your opportunity to give us a bit of an insight into your world. This shouldn’t feel ‘prepared’- we just want to hear you talk.
Please select and perform one song extract from the following list below. A backing track, a guide track and sheet music is available for each song. We request that both your vocal line and the backing track is audible on the film. Remember that we are looking to see a performance, and therefore acting through song is essential.
- On The Street Where You Live from My Fair Lady
- Proud Of Your Boy from Aladdin
- You Should Be Loved from Side Show
- Not For The Life Of Me from Thoroughly Modern Millie
- Pulled from The Addams Family
- Wait a Bit from Just So
- Magic To Do from Pippin
- Won't You Charleston from The Boyfriend
Using the dance film and backing track provided below, please learn the choreographed routine from the musical Memphis. At the start of the choreography we require you to freestyle and during this, we would like to see your personality through your performance. We ask that you film in one take and aim to capture your full self in the shot, using any suitable space you have available (which may be at home). Whilst this routine does not require a large area for movement, please do feel free to adjust or adapt where necessary, to enable you to perform at your best within the space available to you. Where possible, please try to ensure the music is played at a volume that is picked up by the device you are filming with.
Backing Tracks & Sheet Music
Click to view. To download, right-click and select 'Save Link As'